Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How can i make my linux work like a web server?

I have an ubuntu linux pc, and im wondering if it is possible to use it as a web server, to make, and host my own website, if so, where do i start, and what do i need?How can i make my linux work like a web server?
I have Ubuntu Kubuntu installed on my system, and I use Apache. It works very nicely and requires very little background knowledge. Of course you need SOME knowledge of networking (ports, IP, etc.) but you don't need an extensive knowledge.How can i make my linux work like a web server?
Yes, check out apache.



http://www.apache.org/



I'm not familiar with ubuntu but Fedora comes bundled with Apache, FTP, and other internet tools/servers.How can i make my linux work like a web server?
Install Apache, maybe PHP depending on what you want to do, buy a domain, redirect the domain to your static IP address, if you have one. Write your pages, put them in /var/www/html, edit your firewall rules to allow incoming connections on port 80, and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment