Saturday, February 25, 2012

How do I get my Linux operating system to read my access point?

My wireless assistant is build into the computer but I don't know how to get it working when I am working with Linux. What do I need to do?How do I get my Linux operating system to read my access point?
The first part with the zeros means 'match all MAC addresses,' and does exactly that. You can also use different passphrases for each client by appending a new line to the file with each client's MAC address and its passphrase. Make sure that only root has access to that file by running chmod 600 /etc/hostapd/wpa_psk.



Now create a backup of hostapd's main configuration file, /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf, and keep it as a reference by running mv /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf.orig. Create a new hostapd.conf file and paste the following lines into it:How do I get my Linux operating system to read my access point?
Well its not very helpful that you didnt post what distro you have, now is it?



Look up "ndiswrapper". Its basically a script that makes sure your wireless device is working with the OS. Just read up about it, its too convoluted to explain on Y!A.

No comments:

Post a Comment