Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What is the best version of Linux for programmers?

Hi, I'm a programmer and I'm currently using Ubuntu as my main OS which I want. I looking for the best version of Linux or any other type of free OS that is good for a programmer. Ubuntu is the most user friendly version of Linux but I want a OS that is good for a programmer. Anyone have any suggestions?What is the best version of Linux for programmers?
I'm not too sure, I think that all GNU/Linux distros are a good choice, you may want to go with one that is very stable such as, CentOS (Red Hat Enterprise Linux), Debian, or Slackware. You may even want to try Gentoo (or Sabayon Linux which is a user friendly Gentoo) which you need to know how your computer components work to set it up properly.



You may want to look through:

http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/54657

http://freedomhec.pbworks.com/



Free Linux Books:

http://www.techbooksforfree.com/linux.sh…What is the best version of Linux for programmers?
I'd just like to interject for a moment.

What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux? is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it.
  • mr tire
  • pizza deals
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment