Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What is the best Linux to get for windows visa for a learner?

I want to get linux, I am a teenager and I like coding. I have learned CSS, HTML 5, Python, ti-84 programmy thingy, and java. Is linux easy or hard to use? I know you have to know commands for it.What is the best Linux to get for windows visa for a learner?
I was literally in the exact same situation 8 months ago. Linux is a lot of fun, but you have to be ready to learn. Ubuntu is by far the easiest distro and you can even dual-boot. Just Google it. I installed it a week after getting my new laptop and I've never looked back. The online community is really helpful. Every time I have to use Windows for something, I remember why I hate it.



BTW, I'm a teenage coder too. TI-BASIC, Java, c++, whatever. If you want any help (assuming you get Ubuntu) feel free to email me at miestosbona(AT)yahoo.comWhat is the best Linux to get for windows visa for a learner?
Linux is not hard it is just different from windows and that causes many new users to get frustrated.

I would suggest that you start with a linux distro that is easy to install and usually has all the drivers installed automatically like Ubuntu.

After you get it up and running and are comfortable with it you can try another distro that gives you more control (read does not do all the configurations for you) like debian, or gentoo.

If you want to learn how to write programs for linux check the third and fourth links. You can also google for writing code linux and find a lot more like those.

Hope this helps.What is the best Linux to get for windows visa for a learner?
Installing Ubuntu as a dual-boot with Windows without partitioning

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wubi



Linux Mint 11 has a feature called mint4win which is almost identical



Linux Mint 11 Download

http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=鈥?/a>



Linux Mint 11 Release Notes/User Guide

http://linuxmint.com/rel_katya.php



You download the ISO. image of Linux Mint 11 then you need to create a Bootable LiveCD

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Burnin鈥?/a>



Linux Mint 11 can also be run straight from the LiveCD without touching your Hard drive





LUg.

No comments:

Post a Comment