Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What is the best linux distribution for Mac?

I just recently got my hands on an old Power Mac. It happens to have OS distribution 8 point something.This info is mostly for the purpose of dating the thing.

What I want to know is what is the best distribution in this case: Yellow Dog or Ubuntu? I am a super guru on PCs but I am relatively new to the world of Linux and I'm not an expert on Macs either. Also something preferably with a decent GUI and internet capabilities would be nice.What is the best linux distribution for Mac?
Macbuntu is best, which is basically Ubuntu made to look like Mac. I would test any distribution by getting a USB and installing Linux from an ISO or disc onto the USB and booting to the USB.What is the best linux distribution for Mac?
You can find there...What is the best linux distribution for Mac?
Since it's an older mac you've got some options. Ubuntu PPC, Debian PPC or of course YDL. I like Debian myself.
knoppix v6.4.4

No comments:

Post a Comment