Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How to install linux fedora on a i586 system?

How do I install linux fedora onto an i586 system? I tried the installation guide page, and the live cd mode is not compatible....and to do a classical install for this kernel, but my question is: WHAT is a classical install? Thanks!



10 points for best answer!How to install linux fedora on a i586 system?
The live CD won't work, it assumes i686. You'll have to use the non live installer. Also a i586 system probably isn't powerful enough for the dynamic file system in RAM anyways.



Last I checked Fedora still did i586 kernel builds.



I recall an installer parameter, that you can boot it "linux i586" to force that architecture.



I do have a i586 system running CentOS 4, a rebuild of Fedora's commercial cousin, RHEL.How to install linux fedora on a i586 system?
download this file: (from fedoraproject.org)

http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fe鈥?/a>



burn to dvd, put it in the drive and restart your comp...

No comments:

Post a Comment