Saturday, March 10, 2012

Where can I find a copy of Linux that I can burn straight to a disc and boot from?

I bought a hard-drive for my laptop because my last one failed. The seller sent me a hard-drive that's protected by Safeguard Easy 4.11, and he never gave me any of the information, and will no longer respond to my e-mails.



Can this situation be solved by installing Linux? If so what is the easiest version to install via CD-R?Where can I find a copy of Linux that I can burn straight to a disc and boot from?
Here is a link that says they can crack it.

Any version of linux can be burned to a cd and and used to boot and install.

I don't know anything about safeguard but would assume if you deleted the partition and created a new partition safeguard would be removed unless it resides in the bios which I doubt.

The easiest way to delete and create a new partition is to use gparted especially if you are not really interested in installing linux. Read the instructions for best results.

Good luckWhere can I find a copy of Linux that I can burn straight to a disc and boot from?
Ubuntu is a good, easy, user friendly distro.

Wolvix is a fairly new, but is more technical and hands on.

Fedora is great as well, and fairly user friendly.



All of these you can boot from a CD without altering your system. If you like what you see, install.

No comments:

Post a Comment