Sunday, March 4, 2012

I need an expect script to telnet into a linux server that is menu driven. What are the proper commands?

I want to ssh into multiple machines and choose option 1 from the menu driven linux interface.I need an expect script to telnet into a linux server that is menu driven. What are the proper commands?
That question makes absolutely no sense.

All linux distributions have ssh built -in, you can ssh from your command line or use a client like PuTTY.

If you are wondering how to manage multiple ssh sessions, check out screen here http://www.rackaid.com/resources/linux-t鈥?/a> .

If this does not answer your question please elaborate more as to what exactly you wish to accomplish.I need an expect script to telnet into a linux server that is menu driven. What are the proper commands?
If you know the address of the Linux machine, the username to get onto the system and the password for that user, then I would suggest using PuTTY ( http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtat鈥?/a> ). I find that PuTTY is a great tool to access all my Linux boxes and it comes pre-configured to access a Linux machine (just select SSH in the main configure menu).

No comments:

Post a Comment