Saturday, March 10, 2012

What is the Linux operating system like and would you say it beats Windows/Mac?

I'm looking for a simple OS that doesn't have useless programs on it. Windows is cluttered and I've never used a Mac so I can't say anything, but what about Linux? Google OS is just nothing. You can't do anything even if you wanted to so not an option.What is the Linux operating system like and would you say it beats Windows/Mac?
Linux is simply irreplaceable in the IT world. However, while it does have plenty of open source software available for it to compete with Microsoft, the vast majority of software isn't compatible for Linux. You could run them in WINE, but it's not guaranteed to work.



Since Macs are also a unix-like OS, they see the same problem as Linux as far as software compatibility goes.



I dual boot with Windows and Ubuntu, and I am quite pleased with that set up. If it doesn't work on one, it'll work on the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment